LAST UPDATED: 10th October 2021
We, Georgios Colocassides and Partners LLC (we, us, our), operate this website (Website) and provide its related Services (as defined below) through the Internet via your browser on https://legalacademy.net (and all its subdomains).
The services (Services) are subscription-based educational services to the
individual user that allows studying interactive multimedia courseware and
educational and training resources online. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Website is available at
all times. However, we cannot guarantee that the Website or any individual
function or feature of the Website or a particular Service will always be
available and/or error free. In particular, the Website may be unavailable
during periods when we are implementing upgrades to or carrying out essential
maintenance on the Website or a particular Service.
2. SUBSCRIPTION FEES
Our Services are billed on a subscription basis (Subscription) in advance
for the stated period. Your Subscription will NOT be renewed at the end of the billing
3. USER LICENSE
· use the Website for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose;
· impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Website; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make;
· interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Website or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks;
· transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Website any virus, worm, Trojan horse or other computer code that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment;
· reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Website;
· remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Website
· under no circumstances (i) frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose or mirror any part of the Services without our express prior written consent; (ii) gather, obtain, use, access or otherwise copy any part of the Services by using any bot, spider, crawler, spy ware, engine, device, software or any other automatic device, utility or manual process of any kind; (iii) use the Service or any features available on the Services in any manner with the intent to interrupt, damage, disable, overburden or impair the Services or such services; or (iv) engage in any activity that interferes with another user’s access, use or enjoyment of these Services;
· create a database by systematically downloading and storing Website content;
· use any manual or automatic device in any way to gather Website content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website without our express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator’s public online search service.
We reserve the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific instances.
You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by us.
VALUE-ADDED TAX (VAT)
We will charge VAT as per EU and Local VAT rules.
5. PRICE CHANGES
We may change the fees charged for the Services at any time, provided that the change will become effective only at the end of the then-current billing cycle of your Subscription.
To create an account, you must complete the registration form with the
• Full name
• Confirmation of the password
Upon completing the above information, you will receive an email confirmation and instructions for activating your personal account.
7. USER OBLIGATIONS
You are responsible for:
8. CHANGES AND UPDATES
9. THIRD PARTY RESOURCES
We may publish links in its Services to internet websites and online resources maintained by third parties. We do not represent that we have reviewed such third party websites. We are not responsible for and do not endorse them or any content appearing on them. Your use of third party websites and resources is at your own risk. Trademarks displayed in conjunction with the Services are the property of their respective owners.
10. CANCELLATION POLICY
If you terminate a Subscription in the middle of a billing cycle, you will not receive a refund for any remaining period of time in that billing cycle.
European Union Subscription Cancellation Policy
If you are a consumer who has signed up for a new subscription and are located in any EU country, you have a right to cancel your subscription within 14 calendar days provided you have not accessed any of the courseware material.
How to Exercise this Right
You must exercise this right of cancellation by sending a written notice of cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us in writing at 3 Roupel Street, 1105 Nicosia, Cyprus and providing the following details:
• Your account username
• Your country (and proof eg utility bill)
• That you want to cancel your subscription under this cancellation policy
We may terminate for any reason your Subscription at the end of a billing cycle by providing at least 15 days prior written notice to you.
We may terminate your Subscription for any reason within a billing cycle by providing at least 15 days written notice to you and will provide a pro rata refund for any period of time you did not use in that billing cycle.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The intellectual property rights in the Website and the Services and all of the text and other content as well as the structure of the Services made available on the Website are owned by us and our licensors except where expressly excluded. You may not print or otherwise make copies of any such content without our express prior permission.
privacy practices for https://legalacademy.net (including all its subdomains).
only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email
of your rights in accordance with local law and the EU General Data Protection
Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
If you wish to use any of our Services, you must register to our Portal. This information is also used to contact you about the products/services on our Portal in which you have expressed interest. During the registration process, you will be required to provide certain information (such as name, surname, email address etc) and you will be asked to establish a password.
You are responsible for maintaining confidentiality of your online account and password, restricting access to your device and/or preventing unauthorized access to your account. You agree to take responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. If you believe that your account or password is being or is about to be used by anyone else you should inform us immediately by email to email@example.com.
How we use your information
We may use the information that you provide to us or that we collect about you for the following purposes:
• Provide you with the Services or Products that you request from us.
• Profile visibility: We may display some of your basic profile information (like your name and profile picture ) when you use the Services.
• Provide you with information about other products and services that may be of interest to you and about offers and promotions, where you have opted in to receive such information.
• Monitor, improve, or modify the Services.
We request information from you on our Payment page to pay for our Services. We use an address verification system as an anti-fraud tool, so we may also request additional information like full address, date of birth, nationality, and country of residence. Furthermore, you must provide correct contact and billing information so that we generate the correct invoice and VAT amount that you need to pay. Financial information (like credit card number, expiration date, CVV) is to be provided directly using a third-party secure payment gateway, STRIPE which is a validated Level 1 PCI DSS Compliant Service Provider.
With Whom Are We Sharing Your Data?
We may disclose your data to our affiliated organisations and subsidiaries, and to service providers who render services to us or you on our behalf. We also may disclose your information if required by law, requested by law enforcement authorities or to enforce our legal rights.
service providers include:
• Banks and payment providers - to authorise and complete payment transactions;
• Organisations within the payment card industry - to help prevent online fraud;
• IT, information security and cloud services providers – to help us provide the Services and keep your data safe;
• Communication providers – to assist us with the processing and delivery of email and other communications;
• Behavioural analytics tools, like Google Analytics – to collect and help us understand data when you use our Services.
You can delete your account anytime with us. In accordance with the law, you have the right to access, rectify and delete your personal data directly or by notifying us by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this Website. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
• Account related cookies
• Login related cookies
• Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
• Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
• Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
• Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This Website uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
This Website forces HTTPS for all services using TLS (SSL), including our public website and User Dashboard.
15. FORCE MAJEURE
We are not responsible for delays in fulfilling orders (including delivery) due to circumstances not attributable to the fault of the Website or due to force majeure and shall be entitled to extend the time for execution of orders.
16. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
We assume no liability or responsibility for any
errors or omissions in the content of the Website, including any forms made
available on the Website, any failures, delays or interruptions in the delivery
of any content contained on the Website, or any losses or damages arising from
the use of the content provided by the Website or from any viruses or other
malicious code that may be transmitted through such use. We are not
responsible for any third party products or services offered on the Website, if
17. THIRD PARTY SITES
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We are not responsible for direct or indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may result from the inability to use the Website or the Services as well as any errors, interruptions, defects or delays in the operation of the Website or the Services to transmit information through the internet.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF EACH OF US, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, AND LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND THESE TERMS WILL NOT EXCEED THE LESSER OF: (A)THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO US FOR USE OF THE SERVICES AT ISSUE DURING THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY; AND (B) EUROS 200.00.
19. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
20. CONTRACTING ENTITY
Unless otherwise specified in relation to a particular Service, the Website and the Services are provided by, and you are contracting with Georghios Colocassides and Partners LLC.
Georghios Colocassides and Partners LLC is a registered company in Cyprus no. HE 237559.